Thursday 8 August 2013

Bongo Chicken Wings

I'll start right off by telling you that I don't have a photo of this one. They got gobbled up faster than I could turn off the barbecue. And this really isn't a recipe at all. Just really awesome chicken wings on the barbecue in the middle of the night when you still have a crowd up partying!

Hahah we just had our annual family weekend up at the cottage. All of the ladies in our family got to take out our matching zebra shirts and have a little bit of fun prancing all around in them. So I'll post a photo of that instead. Have I ever mentioned that my family are the most fun people on the planet? That's why we can only do this once a year!


You'll need lots of chicken wings. I like to buy the ones that already have the tip chopped off because they cook faster and nobody needs to be butchering chicken wings with sharp knives when you've had a few cocktails and are sunburned to a crisp from a whole day of fun and swimming and frolicking!

Preheat the barbecue.
Season the wings with Montreal Chicken Spice and salt and pepper.
Melt down 1/2 cup of red chili pepper jelly (you'll find it in almost any grocery store)
I doused them with my cinnamon pear balsamic vinegar too. But you can skip this step if you like because the glaze is what makes everybody dance with glee.

Grill the wings on medium heat for about 25 - 30 minutes until they're fully cooked and crispy, turning them often. Then put them into your saucepan with the melted chili jelly and quickly toss to coat, and serve them up!

Okay, so I told you it's not really a recipe at all. But in the middle of night, to serve such a treat makes you an automatic favourite at parties! Enjoy friends. Summer won't last much longer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment